27.10.10

caving.

I finally caved and made a blog. I figured someday, if I ever have kids, maybe they will want to read about my globetrotting adventures- OR maybe ill just let my family read it so they don't have to stalk me on Facebook. 



I'm 20 years young, studying abroad in Gold Coast, Australia with my 3 best friends....basically livin the dream.


 

We are already about half way through our time here & I am seriously considering never leaving. I've done so much already- scuba dived in the Great Barrier Reef of Cairns, hiked in the Daintree Rainforest, watched my first rugby game in Brisbane, and learned how to surf in Byron Bay. If I ever did take up semipermanent residence in Australia, I think it would be in Byron. It has a hippie, free minded surf culture that I think I'm in love with....along with great boutiques and gelati shops on every corner. what more could you ask for?  Jack Johnson having a beach house & being a a regular probably wouldn't hurt.


typical & I like it.

This weekend is Halloween...and oddly, people here do NOT wear a different costume every night of the weekend, eat 14 pounds of candy corn/carmel apples, trick or treat like its their job, or even carve pumpkins. This is a problem for me since I LOVE Halloween and am very dedicating to celebrating it. So, all of us americans are headed to the only place they do somewhat of a celebration- Sydney.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment